Sunday, July 09, 2006

Home Again


I'm back from vacation -- two weeks in Sweden, Norway and Denmark -- and pretty much over the jet-lag! Seems like it took forever before I could sleep through the night...

The highlight of the trip was the midnight sun we experienced at the far north of Norway. Here's a photo of it:

I know it just looks like sky, but I took this picture at about 1 a.m.!

We spent 5 days on a coastal express boat and saw some beautiful scenery -- here's one more photo; this is in a narrow fjord called Trollfjord (which was also the name of our ship!)

In other news, I came home to learn that I had won a 2nd place ribbon for my Nearly Insane quilt at the Alameda County Fair. I was just a tiny bit disappointed to not get a 1st -- but it's my first ribbon so I'm trying to be mature about it! There were a couple of very nice quilts that didn't win anything, but I have to say I wasn't excited about most of the winners.


Now I'm trying to get back into the swing of things -- work! quilting! cleaning up the garden! I have a couple of projects on the design wall and I'll write & post some photos soon.

1 comment:

Sølvi said...

Hi Julie - why didn't you tell you were coming over?
And congtats with the ribbon on your quilt
Solvi in Trondheim, Norway