Monday, July 24, 2006

baby it's hot!


Everyone thinks we're wimpy here for complaining when it gets above 90 for a few days at a time -- but when you don't have air conditioning, that's miserably hot! And, of course our home office is the hottest room in the house...

Rumor has it that the fog is creeping back in over the Golden Gate Bridge, though, so things ought to be tolerable again by tomorrow evening.

I've been trying to do a little sewing despite the heat. I finished my "Gracie" purse except for some kind of embellishment on the flap; I won't have time to look for something until next weekend probably -- will post a photo when it's done-done.

Also, I finally started quilting a table-runner I made last year as a pattern test for Linda Worland's ( paper panache) paper-pieced woven wedding ring pattern. I am doing some freehand loopy things in the centers, and some outlining in other places. I think it will need something more but I haven't figured it all out yet.

The pattern was easy and fun to do except that I have a hard time making the same block over and over in the same 4 fabrics -- I definitely have a short attention span that way! I also made Linda's current mystery block (I am hooked on those mysteries!) which is these cool dolphins (or porpoises?) I have a whole collection of these mystery blocks and haven't figured out what to do with them.

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

I can totally empathise with you about the heat - we're not set up for it in the UK either! You seem to have managed to finish/make progress on some great projects though :)